[sc:mobile-category ]Woohoo, someone finally got a SIP softphone client working on Windows Phone 8!
But don’t get your hopes up too much, it’s REALLY basic. Nothing more than a dialer really. And to call the user interface ugly is being very generous to say the least. However it does work. Making calls does function once you’ve setup your SIP provider information.
While it is running, incoming calls can be answered, however there are some… issues:
- No address book integration
- No integration in to the Windows Phone dialer
- No address book of its own
- No way to enter additional codes after making the call, so for example there’s no way to use an IVR system with the keypad once the initial call is established
- A weird multi-level swipe to configure system
- Some issues with the light theme
Clearly this is just a proof of concept implementation, intended to sell the customized version they offer to VOIP providers. I would expect to see some improvement in this version if it works out and they can sell some licensed version. Otherwise this may be as good as it gets.