Windows Phone Exchange Sync Error 80C805E2

[sc:mobile-category ]Usually during the day my phone sits on my desk until lunch hour with a few quick checks of the lock screen to see if I’ve received any messages.  This was the case the other day but when I went to lunch and took the phone with me to read up on some news and other items I noticed that my Exchange mailbox wasn’t syncing.

In fact Windows Phone was reporting a 80C805E2error message.

Doing a quick search of the net didn’t turn up anything too specific, instead just some suggestions about turning off txt message backups and deleting the trash folder.

After reboot and a couple of more sync attempts I noticed that one of the folders was being updated.  I receive most of my news and website feeds in to my mailbox with a RSS feed aggregator and the majority of those items all get put in to a single folder called ‘News’.  The folder can get quite big if I leave it for a few hours and in this case it was at about 110 messages.  This has never been a problem before but I used OWA to read and delete all the messages and suddenly syncing started again.

My guess is that there was a corrupt message in the folder and the Windows Phone ActiveSync client was choking on it.

Weird but an easy fix at least.

Greg

Greg

Greg is the head cat at JumbleCat, with over 20 years of experience in the computer field, he has done everything from programming to hardware solutions. You can contact Greg via the contact form on the main menu above.

More Posts - Website

Greg

Greg

Greg is the head cat at JumbleCat, with over 20 years of experience in the computer field, he has done everything from programming to hardware solutions. You can contact Greg via the contact form on the main menu above.